The use of the Internet and mobile phones has grown dramatically in your lifetime.
- mobile phone networks now cover 80% of the world’s population
- there are more than two billion people using mobiles
- the number of Internet hosts increases by a factor of ten every few years
Modern communication systems can now be taken for granted.
Business, entertainment and personal communication have all come to rely on electronic information . . .
- What are some of their benefits?
- Are there associated risks?
- Could they threaten basic human rights?
These pages explore some personal and social implications of modern communications systems.