Use PEEP webpages with your students for any of several purposes:
- to introduce a physics topic through a motivating context
- to apply and consolidate recent learning of physics concepts
- to illustrate ‘how science works’ with technological applications or ethical implications
- to develop learning skills
- to teach citizenship knowledge or skills through science
- moral education
When first using the website with students, we suggest that you focus on one particular thread, then
- Decide on the learning objectives for the lesson.
- Check that the activities on the relevant PEEP pages suit your students. Amend the activities, omit some and add your own – whatever you judge will work best.
- Decide whether students will work online, from printed sheets based on PEEP webpages, or perhaps both.
- Have students work in pairs or in small groups, to encourage discussion. Allocate particular pages/sections and activities to each pair or group. You may want every group to work through the whole thematic thread.
- Have a plenary where groups report on their discussions and/or outcomes.
Working with Discussion offers some standard activity types that you might use.