Many scientific studies contradict each other, and so it important to make informed decisions based on what we know is definitely true. We know for sure that:
- Mobile phones transmit and receive electromagnetic radiation
- The radiation is low amplitude (low power) and low frequency
- The radiation doesn’t cause changes to the DNA in cells, so it can’t cause cancer
- It does cause some heating to body tissues, but only by a tiny amount and no more than normal changes in body temperature
- A study published in early 2004 found no increased risk of cancer due to mobile phone use for at least 10 years
- Some studies have suggested that mobile phone radiation may help cancers to grow
Think of one piece of evidence that suggests mobile phones are dangerous, and one that suggests they are not.
Why might children be more at risk than adults?
Gtg th msg?